Friday 21 October 2016

Share Your Story: Alice Hackett

Name: Alice Hackett
What course are you studying/have you studied?
I studied a BEd in Primary Teaching with Qualified Teacher Status.
What or who inspired you to train to become a teacher?
My own reception teacher inspired me to be a teacher. I knew I wanted to be just like her! I thought: if I can be as good a teacher as she is, then I want to give it a go.
What was the application process like?
I knew from a young age that I wanted to be a teacher, so I took the relevant paths at each stage to give me the best chance of getting into university. The application to university was not as stressful as everyone says.
What was your course like? 
Enjoyable! A real insight to what being a teacher is like. The placements were really useful as well, because you got to learn on the job.
Did you move away from home to study, or did you commute?
I moved away into halls for the first year, then moved into a house with friends for second and third year.
What age group(s) and/or subject do you currently teach, and where? My first job outside university was as a learning support worker. I chose to do this job as, after completing my dissertation, I had a keen interest in SEN. I wanted to know more about SEN and provisions within school. After that, I became a KS1 nurture and behaviour teacher for a year, and I am now a Year 1 teacher as well as PE lead and NQT mentor.
Do you have any regrets about your course/route choice? Did anything surprise you?
The best thing about being a teacher is being able to make a difference to children’s lives. Being able to see the progress the children make. I have no regrets about being a teacher and the course I chose. I love my job.
Is there anything you wish you’d known before you applied?
More about applying for student finance.
If you could give one piece of advice to someone thinking about training to become a teacher, what would it be?
It is hard, especially the first year, but have faith, you can do it! Also, being aware there are ups and downs, but no down stays with you for long, because the love you have for teaching takes over again.
I love teaching because… I am able to make a difference to children’s lives.

7 comments:

Andrea Robertson said...

He is no scam,i tested him and he delivered a good job,he helped me settle bank loans,he also helped my son upgrade his scores at high school final year which made him graduate successfully and he gave my son free scholarship into the college,all i had to do was to settle the bills for the tools on the job,i used $500 to get a job of over $50000 done all thanks to Walt,he saved me from all my troubles,sharing this is how i can show gratitude in return for all he has done for me and my family

Gmail; Brillianthackers800@gmail.com
Whatsapp number; +1(224)2140835

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

ARJON CARLOS said...



Are you battling with any health related issues or infection is not the end of your life, why not contact a herbal practitioner for cure Dr Irene has herbal remedies and permanent solution for all your health related problems' recommend him to you today only because i have also used his herbal medicine and it worked perfectly on my health problem, you can actually save yourself from giving your hard earned money to Scammers if only you can contact Dr Irene today for genuine and Permanent cure herbal products . Pls help share this post to save yourself and your loved ones. Dr Irene is specialize in these areas, Permanent herbal supplements for anxiety and depression, HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Blood, Cancer, HPV, ALS, herpes etc. also Email: drireneherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2348078793935

eats abrina said...

Life is always beautiful when you have good health. I have been suffering from Herpes and I was looking for help in every ways and luckily I was directed to a very kind and Great DR HARRY HERBS, who helped me cure my Herpes and today I am free from Herpes and very healthy thank you so much DR HARRY HERBS. kindly reach him and he's helpful.
website doctorharryherbs.com
email Drharryherbspell01@gmail.com

wendymiss said...

HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES
I already gave up on ever getting cured of herpes because I have tried many treatment and none has work, I have gone to different hospitals the always recommend me same drugs and it not working on me, until I came across a post about DR Harry on the net from a lady who is recommending for work well Weldon then i contact him that day, and he started giving me hope and then prepared some herbal medicine which I took according to his prescription on them, so I was still doubting if it was working on me so at a time my Husband just ask me to go for check up and I did, so I found out that I was cure and free from the herpes virus, thanks to DR Harry once again.
his website doctorharryherbs.com
email drharryherbspell01@gmail.com
Call +18598135172

Moma garage said...

God bless Dr Akhigbe for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of Herpes Virus since over a month now and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the Herpes virus out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for Herpes i saw a comment about Dr Akhigbe, how he cured Herpes with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 7 days later i was cured from Herpes ,thank you for anyone that may need the medication you can contact him for your urgent cure
Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com
Whats App +2349021374574

Jonathan Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.